Tuesday, August 9, 2011

little demon match (video game manual)

Another project I've been working on over the summer on and off is a manual for a video game that doesn't exist. As my pixel-covered decor no doubt suggests, I'm a video game kid, and as such my main toilet readings through my youth were video game manuals. I decided I'd use some of the characters I left on the backburner in high school to make my own video game manual for a game called Little Demon Match; this covers the bases of story, characters, illustration, graphic design, writing, and all kinds of other fun stuff. There's still lots to be done with this thing, but here's a few completed pages. What I'd LOVE to do is print up an actual Game Boy Color-sized legit copy of this manual when it's done, but first I have to finish it then I have to find out what it actually takes to build a manual. Baby steps, friends.
Cover page. Still need to come up with a better name for the system this game's gonna come out on.
The first of three character pages.
A page discussing the combat system. 
First page of three covering the story to this game. Like any good old-school game it's silly and makes little to no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment