Sunday, March 20, 2011

some illustration stuff

 Here's some work I pulled out from last and this semester. There's a balance between drawing what you love and drawing what you need to for the assignment which I'm hounding like a dog, and I don't feel like I've nailed it down on any one assignment yet. It's all a question of motivation, really... which is something I'm working on. But anyway, yeah, here's some stuff and junk.


Self-portrait I dd around the middle of last semester. Got a bit smudged over the months :/


The last project we had to do for drawing class. This one was probably the closest I got to completely loosening up and just letting things flow; again, I'm searching for a balance between the cartoony style that I love and the more technical side of my art which is certainly in need of development.

First project in illustration class. We had to basically make a picture based on the word "apple," "sun," or "eye." No prizes for guessing what I picked. Also, no prizes for figuring out that this is a pun on "lazy eye."

1-pt room interior for illustration class. Had I more time, I probably would've gone far more crazy with the wall decorations, but hey. We're all on deadlines here, at some point you gotta say goodbye.

Graphic interpretation for illustration class. Bees.

1-pt sidewalk drawing. This is a perfect example of how I think; that huge column of slimy alien goop on the left was once a tree, 'till I decided it would look better as a huge column of slimy alien goop. The other stuff would soon follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment